New London postcard collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The New London Postcard collection was donated to the college in 1980 by Mrs. Muriel Castle (neé Harrison) class of 1939. The collection contains about 500 postcards of New London and its environs capturing various aspects of the built environment of New London from the late 19th century to the early part of the twentieth century. Major monuments, streets, sites, and parks of New London can be found in the collection. Postcards of the towns of Groton, Noank, Stonington, and Waterford are also included.
- 1900 - 1976
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection consists of approximately 500 postcards of New London and its environs from the early Twentieth Century.
This is collection is arranged alphabetically by site or subject location.
- Guide to the New London Postcard Collection, c.1900-1976
- Finding aid created by Rose Oliveira; data entry Christian Salguero March 2019.
- March 2019
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note