Ann E. Beck Photographs
This collection consists of photographs accumulated by Ann E. Beck during her time at Connecticut College, roughly from 1951-1955. These photographs include pictures of campus, events at the college, life in the dormitories, pictures of her friends and fellow students, and a Shakespeare Festival.
This collection is open for research.
About Ann E. Beck
Ann Elizabeth “Binney” Beck was a student at Connecticut College who graduated in 1955 with a degree in Botany. During her time in Connecticut College, she helped with the first Arboretum survey in summer 1953. She continued to support the Arboretum financially in its development and expansion after graduating.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
Photographs accumulated by Ann Beck, class of 1955, while a student at Connecticut College.
The photographs are organized thematically by subject matter.
- Campus events
- Dormitory life
- Shakespeare festival in Connecticut
Acquired as a gift from Ann E. Beck’s husband, William B. McGeorge, on May 12, 2016
Some materials included in the gift were removed from the collection. These were:
- Greeting card moved to collection's administrative file
- Student blazer, box of matches, and set of stationery moved to the Campus Memorabilia Collection
- Duplicate copies of photographs removed from collection
The collection was processed by Laura Pratt in 2016.
- Guide to the Ann E. Beck Photographs
- Laura Pratt
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2020: Finding aid revised and migrated to ArchivesSpace by Deborah Kloiber