Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
An artificial collection of materials documenting campus activism activities from 1962-1992.
Dates: 1962-1992; Majority of material found in 1962-1971, 1986-1992
Summary This collection contains materials pertaining to the 1970 college-wide strike protesting the Vietnam War, held from May 5-10 at Connecticut College. It includes proposals and resolutions, the newsletter Strike Connecticut College, fact sheets for community canvassers, schedule and related documents from Parents Weekend (which took place during the strike), information on the Black Panthers, and two armbands. The items were collected by Vivian Segall, class of 1973, at the end of her freshman...
Dates: May 1970
Materials documenting Connecticut College’s response to and activities surrounding the Vietnam War, 1967-1972.
Dates: 1967-1972; Majority of material found in 1970
- Subject: Protest movements X
- Political participation 2
- Protest movements 2
- Student movements 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 2
- African American student movements 1
- Civil rights movements 1
- College students 1
- Connecticut College -- Students 1
- Student protesters 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Public opinion -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Connecticut College for Women 2
- Black Panther Party 1
- Segall, Vivian 1
- Shain, Charles E. 1