Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Correspondence and photographs of Mary Jobe Akeley, and papers concerning Camp Mystic and the Akeley Trust.
Dates: 1900-1999 ; Majority of material found within 1941-1969
Abstract Administrative records, correspondence, and land records documenting the Arboretum at Connecticut College’s founding and operations, including extensive information on Arboretum’s growth, environmental goals, and operational difficulties from 1930 to 2000s.
Dates: 1890-2016; Majority of material found within 1930-1990
Abstract This collection documents the work of the Conservation and Research Foundation records primarily documenting the grants that were awarded by the Foundation between 1953 to 2003.
Dates: 1952 - 2004
Abstract Administrative records for the Environmental Model Committee, including meeting minutes; reports; policies; research on green building, green energy, emissions, and wind feasibility; media coverage of campus sustainability activities; and audits of utilities and campus sustainability efforts.
Dates: 1984-2017; Majority of material found within 1989-2011
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, publications, clippings, presentations, notes, research, and photographs documenting the life and work of Richard Goodwin. These materials document his early life and education, his work at Connecticut College, and his involvement with local and national conservation projects. Topics of note within the collection include conservation of land, preserving and creating policies around wetlands, nuclear power, and selective use of pesticides.
Dates: 1897-2006; Majority of material found within 1937-2005
Dates: 1937 - 2006; Majority of material found within 1953 - 1999
Abstract This collection contains case studies, clippings, conference materials, correspondence, notes, photographs, presentations, publications, reports, and research documenting the life and work of ecologist William A. Niering.
- Names: Goodwin, Richard H. (Richard Hale), 1910-2007 X
- Conservation of natural resources 4
- Natural areas 3
- Wetland conservation. 3
- Botanists 2
- Botany 2
- Ecology 2
- Environmental responsibility 2
- Environmentalism -- History 2
- Burnham Brook Preserve (Conn.) -- History 1
- Connecticut College 1
- Explorers -- United States 1
- Mystic (Conn.) 1
- Nature Conservation 1
- Nature centers -- Connecticut 1
- Pesticides 1
- Photographers 1 ∧ less
- Nature Conservancy (U.S.) 3
- Niering, William A. 3
- Dreyer, Glenn D. 2
- Akeley Trust 1
- Akeley, Mary L. Jobe (Mary Lenore Jobe), 1876-1966 1
- Avery, George S. (George Sherman), 1903- 1
- Black, Caroline A., 1887-1930 1
- Blunt, Katharine, 1876-1954 1
- Branch, Anna Hempstead, 1875-1937 1
- Camp Mystic 1
- Connecticut College 1
- Connecticut College. Arboretum 1
- Connecticut Conservation Association 1
- Conservation and Research Foundation 1
- Egler, Frank E. (Frank Edwin), 1911-1996 1
- Environmental Model Committee 1
- Peace River Sanctuary 1 ∧ less