Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Overview Correspondence, ephemera, scrapbooks and manuscripts of the American poet Anna Hempstead Branch and correspondence of the residents of the Hempstead Houses.
Overview The collection consists of manuscripts, realia, and ephemera from the family of Elsie DeWitt.
Overview Correspondence and documents of John Bishop Jr. and his family featuring his service in the Civil War
Overview Letters received by Rep. Nathan Belcher from his constiuents during his service in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Overview Correspondence, records, documents, ephemera, scrapbooks and manuscripts of the American organist and composer Roberta Bitgood.
Collection — Box: 5
Scope and Contents This collection consists of letters of Thomas Pimer to his father John during his service in the Civil War. From the week after he joined the 21st in September of 1862 to the week before he was finally mustered out of the regiment in June of 1865, Thomas wrote twenty-two letters home to his father. The letters trace Pimer's progress through the war. His first glimpse of combat comes at Fredericksburg, where the 21st is ordered to charge the Confederate batteries, but is then ordered to retreat...
- Subject: New London (Conn.) X
- American Guild of Organists 1
- Belcher, Nathan , 1813-1891 1
- Bishop , John Jr., 1834-1901 1
- Bishop, Mary Stowell 1
- Bishop, Nicholas 1
- Bitgood, Roberta, 1908-2007 1
- Branch, Anna Hempstead, 1875-1937 1
- Brownsville (Tex.) 1
- Christodora Settlement House 1
- DeWitt, Elsie , 1896-1979 1
- DeWitt, Grace Hallam Learned, 1854-1935 1
- Easthampton (Mass.) 1
- Hempstead , Edward 1
- Hempstead, Martha 1
- Hempstead, Nancy 1
- Hempstead, William 1
- Learned, Amasa 1
- Learned, Robert Coit, 1817-1867 1
- Prince, Christopher 1
- Prince, Hempstead, approximately 1857- 1
- Richmond (Va.) 1
- United States. Army. Connecticut Artillery Regiment, 2nd (1863-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Connecticut Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861) 1
- United States. Army. Connecticut Infantry Regiment, 29th (1864-1865) 1
- United States. Congress (33rd, 1st session : 1853-1854). House 1
- Washington (D.C.) 1
- Williston, Payson, 1763-1856 1 ∧ less